With less than two weeks until Election Day (Tuesday, June 7), we at Save The Bay are doing everything we can to communicate with voters the reasons why we hope you’ll join us in supporting Measure AA, the Clean and Healthy Bay ballot measure.
But we can’t do it alone. Having the support of local elected officials, community leaders, and groups that voters trust has helped us tremendously in communicating why Measure AA is so important. After months of hard work throughout the region, we and our partners have amassed an impressive list of public endorsements for the measure.
In fact, we recently got one of our biggest endorsements to date: Governor Jerry Brown. Having his support for a measure affecting just the Bay Area is a testament to the importance of Measure AA and the benefits it will yield for the entire region.
Gov. Brown joins a list of more than 1,400 elected officials, organizations, and individuals who are supporting Measure AA. The breadth and depth of this list is so extensive, it’s worth breaking it down by the numbers.
Measure AA is supported by:
14 Members of Congress (current and former), including:
- Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer
- Nearly every Bay Area U.S. Representative
- Former Congressmen George Miller, Pete McCloskey, and John Burton, who is currently serving as the Chair of the California Democratic Party
38 Mayors (current and former), including:
- The mayors of the three biggest Bay Area cities – Mayors Sam Liccardo of San Jose, Ed Lee of San Francisco, and Libby Schaaf of Oakland
- Mayors of cities in every Bay Area county, as far north as St. Helena in Napa County (Mayor Alan Galbraith) and as far south as Gilroy in Santa Clara County (Mayor Perry Woodward)
32 Members of the State Legislature and Other Statewide Offices (current and former), including Gov. Jerry Brown, Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, and nearly every member of the Bay Area state legislative delegation
220+ Local Elected Officials, including members of city councils, regional park districts, local school boards, and more
40 Individual County Supervisors representing every Bay Area county
4 Boards of Supervisors in San Mateo, Marin, Sonoma, and Alameda Counties
14 Cities, Public Agencies, and Associations, representing all geographic subregions of the Bay Area
72 Environmental and Environmental Justice Groups, including state chapters of leading national groups like the Sierra Club, Audubon California, The Nature Conservancy, and the California League of Conservation Voters, and leading environmental justice groups like Asian Pacific Environmental Network and Green For All
3 Foundations doing important philanthropic work on open space and other issues
23 Business Groups and Businesses representing all corners of the Bay Area and including four local Chambers of Commerce and the San Francisco Giants
17 Labor Organizations, including every Central Labor Council in the Bay Area, and several of the region’s largest and most prominent Local Unions and District Councils
22 Community Organizations and Civic Groups, including the League of Women Voters of the Bay Area, the California NAACP, SPUR, and California Interfaith Power and Light
46 Political Party Organizations, including Democratic groups of Latino, African-American, Asian-American, LGBTQ, Jewish, and women voters, as well as every county Democratic Party
14 Newspapers, representing every major newspaper in the Bay Area, including the San Francisco Chronicle, San Jose Mercury News, Marin Independent Journal, Santa Rosa Press Democrat, San Mateo Daily Journal, and more
This remarkable group joins the more than 800 community leaders and neighbors who have endorsed Measure AA, a list that is growing by the day.
All of this tremendous support puts us in the best possible position to win on June 7, but it will still require an all-out effort. The two-thirds threshold needed to win means that every conversation about the measure counts. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Send an email to your friends and family about why you’re supporting Measure AA! If you need a template, visit our website for a sample email and social media posts.
- Sign up to volunteer! We have thousands of voters to call before Election Day to make sure they show up and vote for Measure AA. We are hosting three nights of phone banking at our office in Oakland next week and on Monday, June 6.
- Remember to vote Yes on AA on June 7!
Onward to victory in two weeks!