Thank you to the 1,075 generous Year End donors who helped us reach our goal of $150,000 which will be doubled in value to put $300,000 toward protecting and restoring our beautiful bay. Our donors keep us moving forward to reach goals that our courageous co-founders started in 1961.
Save The Bay’s co-founder Sylvia McLaughlin continues to be an inspiration to staff, board, volunteers and members. And on December 24, over 500 of you sent warm birthday wishes to Sylvia thanking her for leadership and vision to protect and restore San Francisco Bay. Here are just a few of the inspirational and heartfelt birthday messages she received from other passionate Bay savers:
- Happy Birthday Sylvia!! What a wonderful thing you did to start an organization to save the Bay. Hope your birthday is extra special!!
- Happy Birthday and a world full of thanks! It’s because of you that my birding friends, my husband and I can spend many happy hours watching migrating birds that visit our bay and those who call it home year-round. Happy, happy birthday!
- You and Save The Bay have changed my Life. I never take our San Francisco Bay fauna and flora for granted, and I can never walk by plastic debris without the urge to pick it up and dispose of it properly. Thank you for a legacy of respect for our environment that has rippled in my family.
- Happy Birthday. You have done well through tireless advocacy and environmental activism. Please know that the world will be better because of you.
- Happy Birthday, Sylvia! And thank you for your love of our open space, coasts, wetlands, waterways, birds, and wildlife – and your lifelong support to protect and cherish these.
“The biggest part of our whole effort was to create awareness about the Bay and its connection to everyone around it. I just hope people continue to appreciate the treasure of the San Francisco Bay. We want this to be here for those who came after us and beyond.” – Sylvia McLaughlin