Have you been meaning to mix up your holiday shopping with some holiday giving?
A donation to Save The Bay could help us create habitat, prevent pollution, or connect students to wetlands they might not otherwise have the chance to explore.
Plus, we’re happy to share: checks and credit cards aren’t the only ways to support our work!
Ways You Can Protect the Heart of our Home:
- Vehicle Donation Program – Yes, cars can help our cause! Save The Bay’s vehicle and boat donation program provides crucial support to our programs. Making the donation is easy – visit www.savesfbay.org/vehicle-donations to turn your unwanted vehicle into a charitable contribution.
- Donating your IRA Assets – Use your traditional IRA to make your charitable gift. The IRA Charitable Rollover allows people age 70 ½+ to make charitable gifts up to $100,000/year directly to Save The Bay without incurring federal income tax on the withdrawal. Contact Katie Reitter at KReitter@saveSFbay.org or 510-463-6837 to get the process started.
- Planned Giving – When you include Save The Bay in your will, trust, or beneficiary listings, you help ensure that future generations will enjoy a healthy, vibrant Bay. Your estate gift will have a lasting impact on the Bay, allowing diverse communities around the region to experience its beauty. Let us know that you have included Save The Bay in your estate plans and we’ll send you a beautiful framed Bay photo as a special thanks! Contact Katie Reitter at KReitter@saveSFbay.org or 510-463-6837.
- Stock Donations – Did you know that Save The Bay accepts stock gifts? By making a gift of stock held longer than one year, you avoid paying capital gains tax altogether. Visit www.savesfbay.org/stock for account information.
- Workplace Giving & Matching Gifts – Your employer may offer valuable ways for you to support Save The Bay’s programs. Visit www.savesfbay.org/employer-matched-gifts to learn if payroll deduction contributions and matching gifts are possibilities at your organization.
- AmazonSmile – Give back while you shop this holiday season! Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to Save The Bay whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. Simply visit www.smile.amazon.com and select Save The Bay as your charity of choice.
- Make a Tribute Gift – You can even celebrate a loved one while championing our programs. Give to Save The Bay in honor of a friend’s birthday, wedding or other special event. You can also give the gift of membership! Visit www.savesfbay.org/tribute to make your tribute gift today.
- Become a Bay Sustainer – Of course, traditional donations are always welcome! Bay Sustainers are a special group of Save The Bay members who make regular monthly gifts. Sign up to be a Bay Sustainer and we will send you a limited edition Save The Bay t-shirt: www.savesfbay.org/baysustainer
- Volunteer – 44,000 pounds of weeds can’t remove themselves! Our dedicated volunteers were behind that breathtaking stat and many more this year. Save The Bay is profoundly grateful to have the support of thousands of people who show up rain or shine to pitch in at our restoration events. Their hard work helps us create habitat, protect wildlife, and improve water quality across San Francisco Bay. Check out our calendar to get involved: https://www.savesfbay.org/volunteer/calendar
All of these options help Save The Bay protect the heart of our home for future generations.
For more information on the numerous ways to give please, contact Jackie Richardson at Jackie@saveSFbay.org or at 510-463-6835.
I am thrilled to share with you the 2018 Save The Bay calendar, featuring beautiful photos of the Bay Area taken by our dedicated members and volunteers.
As the federal government continues to threaten environmental protections across the nation, our efforts to keep our Bay clean and healthy for wildlife and people have become more important than ever. The beautiful photos in this calendar illustrate what’s at stake: crucial habitat for wildlife, incredible views, and irreplaceable, flood-defending wetlands.
Your gift of just $10 or more will help mitigate the impacts of climate change on our communities, restore wetlands, and reduce toxic pollution in the Bay Area. As a special thank you, we will send you the beautiful 2018 Save The Bay calendar to remind you of the beauty your donation is helping to save.
Make a special tax-deductible contribution of just $10 or more, and we’ll send you a copy of this gorgeous full-color wall calendar as our thank you.
Do you have a car that has been sitting in your driveway or garage? That car can directly benefit Save The Bay’s work to protect and restore our region’s most important natural resource that’s essential to our quality of life, San Francisco Bay.
Donating your vehicle to Save The Bay is easy. We work with a reputable and local company who will pick up the vehicle directly from you. The vehicle doesn’t need to be in running order. Car Donation Services will tow your car at no cost to you!
“The whole process of donating our vehicle was smooth and easy.
I definitely recommend Save The Bay’s car donation program.”
– Jonah L. from Berkeley
Your donation will help provide much-needed support to protect the Bay. Proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle will support our work to mitigate the impacts of climate change in the Bay Area, restore local wetlands, reduce toxic pollution, and build more sustainable “Bay Smart” communities. Better yet, when you donate your vehicle you will automatically become a Save The Bay member and receive special member benefits for one year. Plus, you receive a tax deduction in return!
We also accept trucks, vans, RV’s, motorcycles and boats too.
“We donated our sailboat to Save The Bay. The process couldn’t have been easier. The crew came out and tailored it away.
It was very easy and the people who came were very nice. We would do it again.”
– Glen R. from Walnut Creek
To donate your vehicle (or boat!) to Save The Bay, complete our online donation form or contact Jackie Richardson at 510-463-6835 or email Jackie@saveSFbay.org.
Many employers offer matching gift programs, doubling or sometimes even tripling the impact of your gift. Some companies also provide matching gifts for spouses, retirees or employee volunteer hours that help extend the reach of your footprint on the health of the Bay.
Billions of dollars in employer matching funds go unclaimed at the end of each year, mostly because many employees don’t even know that their employer provides these matching funds for their contributions. Matching gift programs are available for any public charity and provide a great opportunity to make your donation stretch further! Make sure your matching funds aren’t being left behind, here are a few simple ways to find out if you can match your gift to Save The Bay:
- If you can’t find your company using the search bar above, check your company’s intranet, website or HR department for more information.
How do I match my gift to Save The Bay? Save The Bay’s tax ID number is 94-6078420. Forms can be mailed to Save The Bay at 1330 Broadway, Suite 1800, Oakland, CA 94612. Once we receive the request, your company will send its matching donation directly to Save The Bay.
Do you regularly volunteer your time and talent? Many companies support employees’ giving their time and have volunteer matching programs to raise funds for their favorite organizations. Find your company using the search bar above to learn if your employer offers volunteer matching opportunities.
Save The Bay provides education and restoration programs to over 6,500 students and adult volunteers, including our corporate volunteer programs. Our corporate partners play an important role in the protection, restoration and celebration of San Francisco Bay.
If you would like more information about how to double or even triple your impact through employee matching gifts contact Kristina Watson at (510) 463-6820 or kwatson@saveSFbay.org.
You can find more information about matching gifts on our website: http://www.savesfbay.org/employer-matched-gifts.
Congratulations to our 2017 Calendar Cover Photo Winner, Andrew Carothers-Liske, with this stunning photo of a Western Burrowing Owl.
Three fun facts about Western Burrowing Owls:
- Western Burrowing Owls live in abandoned rodent holes, previously occupied by fossorial mammals such as prairie dogs and ground squirrels. They are primarily found in open space with short vegetation and were once a common sight around San Francisco Bay but as of late have been pushed to the brink of extinction by habitat destruction.
- The Burrowing Owl population has been steadily declining for many years due to prairie dog and ground squirrel control programs, and habitat loss due to land conversions for agricultural and urban development.
- Unlike most owls, Burrowing Owls are extremely active during the day. They are often seen gathering food for their large broods, perching near their burrows or bobbing in and out of their burrows.
Thank you to all of our volunteer photographers who filled the 2017 calendar with stunning Bay views and wildlife! Click here to view more photos from Save The Bay’s 2017 Calendar.
Make a special tax-deductible contribution of just $25 or more, and we’ll send you a copy of a gorgeous full-sized, full-color wall calendar as a token of appreciation for your support.